Search This Blog

Monday 10 January 2011

Painting Objects in an Interior

Lost the passion for paint during this work and had to kickstart my painting by assuming the stance that I was painting it for me. Did manage to breathe fresh life into it. Think that the lack of a tonal sketch for the interior as background limited my support for painting rather than the drawing of perspective. As a result it felt like an exercise

Felt that I got some balance of exuberant colour and accuracy but also the need NOT to complete the painting when statement is reasonably complete. nevertheless the colour studies, I find invaluable now as is research into how artists paint 'contrasts of space' using contrast and harmony .
Have learned also the essential nature of paint opaqueness . Still not confident in using acrylic though and will change to oils soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment