Search This Blog

Saturday 9 July 2011

Assignment 2

Painting the interior with light coming from a window and a doorway in a corridor was pleasurable. Having undertaken a study in charcoal then painted from direct experience, I found that painting in four hours easier than I believed and kept me focused on tonal values. Not complete but I am not going to add to it even though there are slight tonal differenvces that I could make.

The second painting looking out from a doorway proved more difficult. Whilst I could paint tones that I wanted to describe lighter and darker re the external view, I am finding the warmth of colour tone and the interior 'darkness' although daylight, more problematic . This maybe because my outside tones are too cold. Unsure. I have one hour remaining to paint so..... Need to think and look at other paintings before I tackle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment