Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Reading break on holiday

Read 'The New Vision' Lazslo Molholy-Nagy during August. Added to my knowledge of the Bauhaus movement significantly. I learnt about the systematic program of design, function style, etc and in particular, the jettisoning of the 'decorative' by Molholy- Nagy in the pursuit of integrity, creativity and depth of vision.

How does this impact on my work and research?

More aware of the integrity of inventiveness ( and not just 'playfulness' as Waldemar Jan. notes about some contemporary art)
More intent on establishing a clearer vision and purpose for my paintings in particular.
Keener to further research colour, both theoretically and practically, to develop and improved skills
Need to prep both colour and compositional studies well before I begin painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment