Search This Blog

Sunday 19 August 2012

A Matisse in the real!

Walking away from the exhibition, I started browsing other galleries in Tate L. In the current exhibition curated by Marianne Faithful, I spotted a favourite , the Boty painting of Monroe at the pivotal moment as the art world shifted. I just love this work. I soaked up the pleasure of seeing this astute piece again then continued.
To my astonishment, there was a small but exquisite painting by Matisse of a Nude. Early work painted in a studio dedicated to life work in Paris. It is the most interesting and perfect Life painting ! One can see the influences on later painters without a doubt. Huge range of tones intricately arranged like a symphony. What a treat!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment