Search This Blog

Thursday 4 October 2012

Evaluation of final assignment : Waterscape

This was great to do but difficult.
I aimed to capture the thrust of connecting waves and try to get the swell and depth. Having visited the Turner, Monet, Twomby exhibition at Tate Liverpool in July, I was entranced by the energy and remarkable space and depth in the Twomby wave paintings.
I manage to capture the connectedness of the wave edges, I think and some of the space, perhaps a little depth near to cliffs. A good start I hope. Will certainly paint the sea again, without twee seascapes.
Again, the warm colour ground made a huge difference to the painting. I used a warm colour ground with the blues greens and grey white of waves. Not bad. Pleased because it was difficult. Pleased because I captured a lot of what I felt and saw.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment