Search This Blog

Friday 10 September 2010

Viewing Bomberg and Auerbach

This made a difference to my colour study start together with the Hitchens painting in the study text. I trawled my art books as well for paintings where the paintwork/colour and the proportion of area (of colour) created space but not necess. figuratively. Fascinating. I do remember trying to paint using colour shapes to do this but not as freely. More in the manner of the painter Keith Vaughn. His colours were those of 'pigeon shit' - pardon the expression but an accurate phrase.
As a result of my gallery visit and the browsing, my colour study was more spontaneous and enjoyable to do.

Next Steps:
Must re-look at colour used after short reflection time, not be tempted into detail. Big picture.
Upload image
When OCA back online, will place links from Bridgeman to remind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment