Search This Blog

Friday 22 June 2012

Recent drawings - evaluation

Some quite visually accurate pencil work in portraits that please the sitters. Not very hard to draw like this though. Harder to paint ! I like to capture a stance quite quickly as it forces me to look and draw what is the essence. This works for me and I m told I am very good at this by tutors. Rally like taking drawing further and experimenting beyond tonal only. Am exploring lots of different media through drawing but I have a more focused intention now when I draw. Drawing without a painting in mind is visually and cerebrally stimulating I have an Incomplete but interesting image from a photo which I will upload from Blog app. Great to decide whether to abstract, focus on rhythms,relationships of shapes or merge the figures into the background ddepending on the message I want the viewer to read. I like the idea of figures placed in their world with an interpretation through colour and form.

No comments:

Post a Comment